Foreign Policy is recruiting a full-time Marketing Associate to support our main objectives of driving our brand and product awareness, and subscriber acquisition and engagement, through marketing campaigns and strategic communications. We are seeking a motivated marketing professional, committed to a high standard of quality, who wants to make an impact as part of our collaborative and entrepreneurial team.
- Execute marketing activities to generate new subscription leads and increase engagement among existing subscribers
- Manage end-to-end campaign process, from ideation through deployment
- Collaborate with our data team to ensure efforts can be tracked and measured, and circulate wrap-up reports on campaign performance
- Adopt market insights into sales and marketing collateral (internal and external)
- Organize promotion strategies for major product releases and events, including coordination with the social media team
- Distribute media advisories on key developments to curated outreach lists
- Maintain contact with vital media connections to promote our talent
- Coordinate the deployment of quarterly subscriber surveys
- Establish close working relationships with stakeholders and senior leadership, across the organization
- Identify new opportunities and ideas to improve marketing team processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 2-3 years of experience executing marketing campaigns in a business-to-consumer or business-to-business environment, particularly digital marketing
- Understanding of key marketing principles and strategy
- Demonstrated customer/market focus, reflected in marketing output
- Ability to think strategically about campaign activity and optimize results
- Strong project and time management skills, with attention to deliverables and deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to and knowledge of the media and publishing industry preferred
- Experience with email marketing tools, social media marketing platforms, CRM systems, paywall gating, podcast promotion, and event production desired
*Candidates must possess the legal right to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this opportunity.
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.