Data Operations Associate
Foreign Policy (FP) is seeking a data operations associate to join our business team in Washington DC. The data operations associate is responsible for advertising and sales operations support including research, ad trafficking, campaign management, and reporting for key client initiatives. FP’s business team are a talented and dynamic group who thrive on challenges and the opportunity to have an impact each and every day. We are a collaborative team, so candidates need to work well with others and be ready to participate fully in our business operations.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manage and optimize ad campaigns for digital display, sponsored content, newsletter, social, and print placements for FP’s clients
- Coordinate with clients to ensure campaigns are executed on schedule, providing summary reports and additional service as needed
- Analyze website traffic and subscription data to produce internal reports on content performance and subscriber acquisition/retention
- Coordinate newsletter sponsorship calendar and email campaigns for FP’s growing catalog of editorial newsletters
- Support ongoing data projects including client database maintenance, market research, and programmatic ad tracking
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on business or international affairs preferred
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Basic knowledge of HTML or coding language a plus but not required
- Strong written and oral communications skills. Must be at ease presenting information and ideas to senior executives and clients
- Ability to analyze numeric data and be able to recognize trend lines, causation, and other narratives that can result in actionable change
- Comfortable learning and navigating across a variety of systems and platforms. Experience with Salesforce, DFP, Google Analytics, and/or PostUp a plus
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.